Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Celeb Sighting!


Like most people in this class, after being in LA for a few years, I've become indifferent when it comes to celeb sightings. But today during my lunch break at work, I stopped at Le Pain Quotidien in West Hollywood and while waiting to pay, I glanced outside only to see Katherine Moennig aka Shane from The L Word walk up to the patio. Granted, L Word has become a poor excuse for what it used to be but Shane has remained the best character and it's still one of my favorite shows. And in a repeat of when I saw Sarah Michelle Gellar, I got all confused and flustered because this was a sighting that I actually cared about and of course could do nothing but awkwardly stare. I wanted to say something but this is LA and acknowledging celebrities as, well, celebrities is a big no-no, especially during a meal. Plus she seemed keen on being incognito so I left and although I'm sad I didn't say anything, the sighting at least made my horribly boring day of database entry a little more entertaining.

1 comment: