Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Star Sighting

I had a friend in town who is from the East Coast.  He had read that "all the celebrities go to Newsroom Cafe" and insisted that I take him there when he arrived for his visit to Los Angeles.  Though initially disappointed by the lack of actual "glitter" associated with the spot (and its location across the street from The Ivy on Robertson), he still tried to see past the sunglasses and baseball caps to identify a celebrity.  As we sat outside and ordered our incredibly expensive (though delicious) meal, Rachel Zoe (or as Perez Hilton calls her, "Raisin Face") walked into the restaurant and toward the bathroom.  I had heard of her (embarrassingly enough) from Perezhilton.com, and knew that she was the stylist for a number of celebrities including Jennifer Garner, Mischa Barton, Nicole Richie, and Lindsey Lohan.  I have to say, her notoriously sour demeanor was apparent as she walked in a seemingly angry huff toward the ladies room past a hostess who initially asked her if she would like to be seated.  Her size shocked me.  She was a tiny woman (I've heard she suggests her clients take Aderol or, shockingly, horse tranquilizers to stay slim) and was an orange tan.  After her bathroom stint she walked, head down, abruptly out of the restaurant.  For some reason, my overall feeling after this sighting was to think "I hate LA." Hmmm...

No comments: