Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Star Sighting...or, Meeting.

I intern three days a week at Sony Pictures in their creative advertising department and since they are doing the trailer/poster for "Pineapple Express" (a Seth Rogen/James Franco action movie about weed), I got to meet James Franco and watch him re-record some of his lines for the green-band trailer. Basically, I have been a huge fan of Franco for years so I think I'm still comprehending the fact that I even met him! It was interesting because he looked really different than normal...he had reddish hair and a brown mustache, a look I've never seen on him before. It was almost unrecognizable. That probably helped because I think I would have been much more starstruck had he looked like he does in all his movies. Besides the fact that I'm a big fan of his, I was really excited that I actually got to see him work. He did dialogue recording in a sound booth while we watched. He was really funny, somewhat quiet, and seemed very chill (although he was about 40 minutes late arriving at the vendor). The only thing I was surprised about though was that he had an assistant. He didn't strike me as someone who would have one, for some reason, maybe because he seems very laid back. Either way, it was definitely the best part about my internship thus far and he is one person that I never ever thought I would meet!!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

WOW!! Would have LOVED to have been there to see Mr.Franco at work! Would love to see Mr. Franco doing ANYthing really! That guy is a magnet for women!!

Olivia Typaldos said...

Wow I won't lie, I am super jealous of you. And I know this is coming really late but that doesn't change the fact that I legitimately want to marry James Franco and if Freaks and Geeks were a real person, I'd want to marry that as well.