Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More On Miley

I too have to comment on the Disney star's recent career developments.  It seems as if with each week comes more photos stolen from her Myspace page of her posing provocatively, barely clothed and so forth.  Because of this, I do not see why anyone in her camp would allow her to do a very public, highly professional photoshoot that would be considered controversial.

This got me thinking about the week in which we studied Elvis.  I began looking at Miley's roots, (I mean her dad used to have a mullet for goodness sakes), she has such coin phrases as "sweet niblets" and "homegirl say what?", and she and her family are closely knit to Dolly Parton, who has also starred on her show on several occasions.  This leads me to wonder, could our little Disney princess be white trash?  I know I was really concerned during Elvis week as I have never seen him as white trash or seen a fascination with him as being white trash, yet Miley and her family is starting to fill that space for me.  During a time when white trash stars are being exploited more than ever (think Britney, her pregnant sister, Audrina Partridge, Tara Reid, Brett Michaels), it seems as if the warning signs would have been there for Miley and her family to see.  Unfortunately, the doings have been done and we'll have to see where this takes miss Miley next.

1 comment:

ddman1212 said...

I am really over hearing about Miley. However, your post has given new insight to the situation. I had now thought past that green bra and the all the levels of inapproriate! Yesterday I showed my roommate Billy Rae's video for Achy Breaky Heart in all its mullet greatness. The roots to Tennesee like Elvis are much more apparent now. I think that the success of Miley comes from children of the white trash. There is a new generation of this type of star with Miley.