Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rock Hudson's Diagnosis

I did a quick search on YouTube, and I came upon this news story about Rock Hudson being in the hospital in Paris in 1985.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8msfeLOXp8

I found it interesting that while there was no diagnosis when the story was released there was an assumption that Hudson had AIDS as evidenced by the interview with the expert about the drug available in France. I also found it interesting that this story did not at all focus on the possibility that Hudson was gay, while also discussing AIDS. I wish I could find a video from a news story once it was confirmed that Hudson had AIDS because I would be interested to see how the reporting differs, but there does not appear to be such a story on YouTube.

I thought it was particularly interesting that the story lasted so long (nearly 3 minutes), especially since Hudson was a star of the 50s and 60s, but by 1985 would not have had the same star power.

No comments: