Tuesday, February 26, 2008

CELEBRITY SIGHTING!!!! One big happy family...



I've got my fair share of things to say about Tom Cruise (scientology, marriage, those rumors...), but my jaw hit the dirt when I spotted Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Suri, Tom's adopted daughter Isabella, and a bodyguard hiking at Runyon Canyon. (I'm telling you people, the place is overrun with stars and celebrities -- especially on a rainy Friday night, when the big ones like Cruise think it will be uncrowded enough to come out of hiding!) I get excited about celebrity sightings, but rarely starstruck. But on Friday, I couldn't help it -- I mean, have ya'll seen "Risky Business"?! And the funny thing is, even though they're probably one of the most photographed families with one of the most warped lives out there, they looked so normal. Tom was especially friendly, saying hi, but the whole family smiled, bodyguard included. Tom had his arm around Katie, who was carrying Suri, and they looked like any average family on a Friday night (minus the bodyguard). It made me think about this week's reading -- perhaps Tom is such a star not only because of his charisma onscreen, but also because of his carefully culivated, maintained, and coiffed persona.... I've heard some dubious things about him, but he had even me convinced when I spotted him in person. Perhaps the greatest character triumph in his career is that of Tom Cruise, the role he plays for the public.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should be seeing this in People magazine, soon. Glad to hear that they are taking Isabella out, they slotted her and her brother, Conor to her sister's place for the whole of 2007 while Cruise, Katie and Suri went gallivanting around the world. Are they all living in the same house, now since the 3 of them have been guests at scientology residencies since last year.