Monday, February 4, 2008

Star Sighting


Hey everyone! So, this past weekend I was at a Coffee Bean my friend all of the sudden pointed out to me that Brittany Snow was ordering a drink. My friend was all excited that see had seen a star, but I'll I could say back to her was "hey, now I have something to write in my class blog!" Well, from this point on, my friend watched the door endlessly, hoping another star would walk in. My friend wanted more stories to talk about at the party she was to attend that evening(but she made an excuse about trying to find stars for me to write about). Her constant stare made me realize that by seeing and having a close interaction with a star, it somehow gives her the upper hand when in a social situation. She could impress people with her story and start discussions with her friends because everyone loves to gossip, especially about celebrities that we hear about all the time, such as what we did our first day of class. Stars are such a huge influence in our culture, so it is only natural that we should want to brag when we see or meet a "familiar" face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I really like Brittany Snow! She's good in "Hairspray."

Yeah...this is definitely not my most academic post ever.