Monday, February 11, 2008

Star Sightings: Hot Momma, the Jock, and McSweetie









The Wednesday before last, while dining at Pizzeria Mozza, the newly pregnant Gwen Stefani was chowing down with Roger Federer and friends. She was wearing her notorious red lipstick, but looked smaller than I expected her to... Isn't that a cliche thing to say about celebrities, though? They're so larger than life, especially a musical powerhouse like her, that they never quite seem to be what you expected in real life.



When I was hiking at Runyon Canyon a few nights ago, two rambunctious dogs ran up to play with my puppy. She is a lot smaller than them and got a little nervous, so the dogs' owner ran up to pull them away... And I realized they belonged to T.R. Knight! I'm a big Grey's Anatomy fan, and so I was thrilled to not only see one of the show's stars, but also to discover how nice and down-to-earth he was.

None of the people in this posting are necessarily stars in the context that we're studying in this class (although Stefani has dabbled in films), and yet I think their influence as celebrities seeps into pop culture and into much of the territory of "traditional stars." And, it was certainly exciting to spot them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH T.R. Knight is so cute! I love him! :)