Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Star sighting story

I forgot to share at the beginning of the class my star sighting story from summer vacation. I went to a book signing in Portsmouth, NH in order to see Rue McClanahan who is best known for starring as Blanche on "The Golden Girls." While standing in line I and others saw Tom Burgeron, star of Hollywood Squares who was also standing in line to meet her. It was very strange to see one star standing in line to meet another star.

While he was standing in line people who were already in line with cameras in order to take pictures with Rue McClanahan moved to take pictures with Tom Burgeron. Many people approached him, and he was very kind about taking pictures with them.

I also was able to meet Rue McClanahan after standing in line, but what I found very strange was to have a random star sighting while waiting to have a planned star sighting. It was a bit of a surreal experience for me because I have had few star sightings to begin with, planned or otherwise, and I was able to have both a planned and unplanned star sighting in the same day at a Barnes and Noble.

No comments: